This episode Ben and Phil are joined by Lee Tengum, who has sold more apps than Phil and Ben have even thought of. He founded Pancake Payments which has been featured in Inc. Magazine and is doing very well in the very crowded sector of invoice, time-tracking and basic project management. Lee also works as a freelance developer for local companies in the “city” of Cranbrook, BC, Canadia.
We got Lee on to share some of his success stories of building small, simple, useful products that do not try to be the next Facebook but make good money and help him keep his family in food, maple syrup and hockey gear. Making one application that sells for a bazillion dollars is fairly unlikely, so Lee tries to build “mortgage payments” instead, shipping early, iterating fast, bootstrapping the process and focusing on revenue from a very early point.
- DearIE6 - It’s been a good run, now please leave.
- Hardly Working Start-up Guys
- Offload.io - Offload the work you just don’t have time for onto friends.
- Ghostery - See which companies are tracking you, and block them.
- True North PHP Conference - Toronto, Canada on November 7 - 9, 2013