Two awesome guests join this week, from two different framework projects, both who have been very vocal about their interest in PSR-7: HTTP Message. These two chaps were Hari K T and Matthew Weier O’Phinney.
Now PSR chats can be a little boring when its about autoloading or tabs v bloody spaces, but this PSR could have some really big impact on the way you write PHP over the next few years.
We talk a bunch about Aura and Zend and their plans around middlewares, what motivated Matthew to get involved with taking over PSR-7, what middlewares mean for PHP in general and some of the concerns that have been fixed in recent iterations of the PSR like mutability, streams, etc.
There also a bit of chat about turtles, standing desks and broken ribs, while Phil slowly goes loopy on pain killers.
- 7PHP Interview with Josh Lockhart - “The Guy Behind ‘PHP The Right Way’ – Find Good Online Resources And Communities & Use Them To Your Advantage”
- Experimenting on a different Framework - Hari writes about experimenting with bits of Symfony together via Composer packages
- PSR-7 By Example - Matt wrote up some examples of PSR-7 in use
- StackPHP - Composing HttpKernelInterface middlewares since 2013!
- Stacker - Larry Garfield’s StackPHP-like implementation of PSR-7
If you want to listen to the audio version (which might have actually been edited a bit and have better sound quality) then subscribe to our podcast RSS feed in iTunes or whichever podcast app you use.
Alternatively, feel free to listen to download this episode, or listen in-browser:
Get upcoming episode alerts!
Sometimes we actually plan these things more than a few hours ahead of time. On the off-chance we do, shove your email in here and get a reminder to come and watch it live!